How to Import Your Twitter Status Into Facebook

Connecting Twitter with Facebook is one of the best mashups available for Social Media. You get the easy a quick action of Twitter combined with the sticky content that leads to more interactions and connections you get with Facebook.

Following the instructions in this video (darn easy), you activate a Facebook application which accesses Twitter and automatically changes your Facebook status every time you update your Twitter status.

It’s just that easy.

While there are some great tools out there like ping.fm, which will also update your status in a bunch of different places at once, those tools have one drawback: Twitter, Facebook and really any social media site work best when you’re interacting. If you’re using ping.fm, you’re billboarding and little more. It doesn’t matter how profound you think you are, your social media participation is 1 dimensional. I still use ping.fm for exactly the benefit of updating a bajillion places at once, but because Twitter and Facebook are such major social media destinations for me, I make sure that I’m using them regularly in accordance with all of the principals of the social media funnel.

Linking Twitter to Facebook then gives me extra punch for my activities because I regularly interact with people in both places.

1. Chef Matthew on January 28, 2009 at 9:31 am

Thanks Dave,

Great video. I immediately made the necessary configurations.

Yet another piece of social media wisdom from your good self.

Chef Matthew

2. Marie on March 4, 2009 at 3:27 pm

This is exactly what I’ve been needing!

3. Chandra Ryan on May 25, 2009 at 10:08 am

Thanks! I’ve been trying to figure this out for the last couple of days.

4. Clint Stelfox on July 15, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Great article. I recommend using the selective tweet App in facebook. It lets you only post the tweets you want instead of all of them.

@clintstelfox

5. charlie arehart on October 26, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Tried this today, got “something is technically wrong” from FB after trying to do the login step. Don’t know if it’s just a temp problem, or if perhaps this approach you describe (from 10 months ago, as I write) no longer works. Even if you or others have no reply, I’m leaving this here in case it happens to others. Thanks for the video, though.

6. Chris on November 12, 2009 at 11:15 am

Hi there,
    Thank you for the video. I have a Facebook fan page (company promotion) set up through my personal Facebook account. How can I add this application to the Fan Page and not my personal page? Other applications ask you to specify which page you want to add it to…
    Thanks!
    Chris

7. Eva on November 17, 2009 at 6:19 am

i have know a problem with the twitter app:
    a have a compony profile (fan page) on facebook and in teh same account the admin profile (personal profile).

now i wanted to display the twitter status on facebook and i used therefor the twitter app on facebook. but know the twitter status only appears on the admin profile and NOT on the company profile (fan page)???
    what can i do? have you heard of this problem?

thanks for replying.

eva

8. Mayur on December 30, 2009 at 2:06 am

Read simple article below you will find a way to import Facebook contacts to Twitter account.

9. Chicago Blues Dance on May 18, 2011 at 1:59 pm

If only it were that easy. Getting Twitter to actually populate a personal page, or fan page is non-functional. Twitter and Facebook suck.