I’ve been asked how to find the RSS feed for Blogger a few times now. It’s a handy thing to know because with the RSS feed address, you can link Facebook notes and Blogger content which allows you to connect your content to a larger audience. Finding the RSS feed address in Blogger is a little frustrating. I clicked around settings for a while to find it myself. It’s not exactly something that everyone needs or wants to know, but when you do it would be really nice if it was obvious and immediately available. The ATOM URL used to be listed there. Finally I poked around in the help files and discovered how to construct the URL in Blogger to get the RSS feed for my blog.
To find out how to get the RSS code for Blogger yourself, just watch the video below and you’ll see how to do it for your own blog.
According to Google / Blogger, here are the special addresses they’ve provided for blog users.
Full site feed:
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default?alt=rss
Label-specific site feed:
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default/-/labelname
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/comments/default?alt=rss/-/labelname
Individual post comment feed:
- Atom 1.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/postId/comments/default
- RSS 2.0: http://blogname.blogspot.com/feeds/postId/comments/default?alt=rss
RSS feeds from Blogger seem to provide clean code. This is a good thing too because I don’t know of any clean RSS widget for Blogger.